If You Are Getting Thermal Image Scan On Your Visit, Here Is Some Information That You Need.
Thermography is a non-invasive painless test with no needles or exposure to harmful radiation
Thermography is heat sensitive only.
- Avoid tanning/sunburns for 5 days before your exam.
- Avoid lotions, creams, powders, makeup, skin products or anything with an oily base
- Avoid excessive use of deodorants and antiperspirants. Depending on the type of scan you receive, you may be asked to avoid using deodorants the day of the scan.
- Do not shave or wax the the day of the exam.
- For 24 hours prior to the scan, avoid hot and cold packs, massage therapy and analgesic creams.
- Avoid exercise 4 hours prior to the scan.
- Shower or bathe in neutral temperature water if your scan is within two hours.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol for 4 hours prior to the scan.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothing or binding clothing prior to the exam.
During The Procedure
- Your images and interpretation results are totally confidential.
- The scan is in a totally private room and you go behind a hospital-type privacy curtain.
- We use the most advanced medical infrared camera with the highest resolution technology in the country. The camera is mounted on a remote controlled pan and tilt platform which allows for complete privacy.
- Some scans may require you to disrobe for 15 minutes prior to the scan in order to acclimate or cool down. This will take place complete privacy using a privacy curtain.
- The scan is a no-contact, no compression, no radiation and completely safe for everyone.
- Avoid skin-touching-skin during the cool down time. Try not scratch or rub your skin during acclimation period.
- Tie up your hair and do not wear jewelry around the neck during the cool down period or scan.
- After the scan, the technician cannot discuss your images with you. They need to be interpreted.